About Kelly Mottl
WHAT I DO.
My first love is being a photographer. I am immensely passionate about capturing not only beautiful photos, but telling a story within each photo. I love that I get to be a part of my clients happiest memories and I want them to look back at my photos and remember exactly what was happening at that moment and exactly how they felt.
My passions don‘t end with photography. I have been lucky enough to find a career (my day job!) doing something that I love – web design. I enjoy taking a concept or idea and making it into a user friendly website that boosts sales or increases leads for my client. My latest career choice has taken me to email marketing where I have been allowed to dive in to marketing strategy and marketing automation. I’m not sure I’m as passionate about that as I am about web design, but I am having fun learning it! I hope to be Marketo certified soon!
I attended Carroll College and graduated in May 2002, approximately 6 years before it became Carroll University. I was working my way through college working at a local newspaper doing graphic design and pagination. In 2004 I was hired by the Russ Darrow Group where I was not only a graphic designer, but I also was given my first shot at web design. I loved it! I took classes and taught myself everything I needed to know to start creating beautiful sites. Of course, web design is constantly changing so I have always had to make sure that the path I chose in my career would allow me to keep up on the latest design trends and keep my skill set up to date. Now I am not only creating HTML websites, but I am starting to work with responsive, mobile-friendly layouts in WordPress.
- If I were an animal, I would be a… bird.
- If I won the lottery, I would buy… a new house with lots of space.
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be… pasta.
- My dream is traveling to… Italy.
- If I had a superpower, it would be… flying.
- I would be lost without my… email.
- The best thing about living in Wisconsin is… the fall colors and changing weather.
- If I could have a drink with anyone (fictional, alive, dead, famous, non-famous), it would it be… Steve Jobs.
- My favorite inspirational quote is… “Be positive, patient, and persistent.”